1. I am in Iowa City for one more night because of canceled flights. My plane leaves at 5:30 tomorrow morning (hopefully) and so I am already in bed.
2. I bought a copy of Love Me Back by Merritt Tierce and I started reading it over dinner, which included a strong Negroni. I like the book, which is brutal and sexy and brutal again. It reminds me a little of A Girl Becomes a Comma Like That.
3. I forgot how much I hate Iowa City. A group of Orthodox Jews were walking around the ped mall asking random men if they were Jewish and, my god, they couldn’t find even one. There are many sixty-year-old blue eyed men here who make small talk with me. And why does every undergrad here wear U of Iowa gear? Would they forget where we are, otherwise?
4. My pubic hair is getting out of control and my god I almost went to CVS and bought a pair of scissors. This is what happens when your flight gets canceled: you start to panic about the state of your pubis.
5. On the flight here a sixty-ish blue eyed Iowan man asked me why I was flying to Iowa and when I said I had a reading here, that I was a writer, he said, “Good for you.” I hate when people say that. There’s pity in it.