1. Patrick calls Game of Thrones “Thrame of Gones.” We don’t watch it so we hate it.
2. Next Thursday I am taking a social media hiatus for about 3 weeks. On Monday I go to Ucross in Wyoming for 10 days to write and watch cows and write some more.
3. Today Bean asked if he could go with me to Wyoming and it nearly broke my heart. But then I remembered how annoying “What Does the Fox Say?” is, and I thought about how essential and wonderful the time away will be. But also: hard. He will grow so much in the time I’m away! Who cares about writing when you have a human to take care of and love love love? (I do…?)
4. I am so sick of the internet and yet I am addicted to it. Am so close to deleting all accounts forever and living in the woods wearing a sage brush bikini. Imagine my brain on that life!
5. Patrick is having another knee surgery in June, and he can barely walk now. My poor baby.
6. I wore my padded bra to the LA Times Festival of Books and I think it gave me a little oomph on my panel. Especially when I said, “I like to play a little game called, ‘What Russian mini-mart was torn down to build this condo?’” The discussion was about LA, of course.
7. So many bad tattoos at the Ace in Palm Springs.
8. One of my interests: Britons in California swimming pools.
10. When I take my internet hiatus you should too.