1. Here are some books I’ll be reading during my hiatus: The Interestings by Meg Wolitzer; American Dream Machine by Matthew Specktor; A Guide To Being Born by Ramona Ausubel; The Mothers by Jennifer Gilmore; Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier; the Patrick Melrose novels by Edward St. Aubyn…and on and on and on…
2. Today I threw a baby shower for my oldest and dearest friend Diana (pronounced Dee-Anna, FYI). Her daughter is due June 17th, which was Bean’s due date (2 years ago). I made a zillion sandwiches and chilled a bunch of bottles of sparkling wine and, as a game, I administered a pop quiz about childbirth (really). It was such a lovely and fun celebration. I can’t wait to meet this little baby!
3. Bean heard Adele’s “Rumour Has It” at BevMo! the other day and immediately fell in love with it. Now he yells “Rumor Has It” whenever we’re in the car. He wants to listen to it over and over again.
4. Bean turns two on June 22nd. I asked him what he wanted for his birthday, and he said, “Balloons.” I told him, “I’ll definitely get you a balloon, but do you want a present?” He nodded and said, “Juice. A drink. Juice. A tiny sip.”
5. Mad Men is boring. Peggy’s boyfriend, however, is very sexy. And I am into Stan—now that he has that beard. Meanwhile, Patrick is in love with Pete Campbell’s wife.
6. I’ll be starting a new novel this summer. Thus, this internet hiatus.
7. I’ll miss you, friends. This is my email, if you want to say hi: edan dot lepucki at gmail dot com.